Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gift Ideas / Items I Currently Love


Just thought I'd share some of my current favorite items with you all. I hope this gives you some gift ideas for yourself, the women in your world, or just because! Just a warning, these items range from very cheap to extremely expensive. Also, I will post reviews on some of these items that I haven't mentioned in my blog yet so stay tuned. :)

-Origin's "A Perfect World SPF 25". This is a GREAT multitasking product that eliminates the need to apply moisturizer, then a SPF on top since it is a 2-in-1. Also, Origin products are paraben free! ($39.50 USD at Macy's or Origin counters/online)


-Victoria Secret Pro "Light FX HD Eye Brightening Pen". Talk about necessary... this is pretty much a cheaper version of the YSL Touche Eclate that everyone loves. It comes out a shimmery, bronzey flesh color that blends into your under-eye area for a wide-awake effect. The best part? It'll match most skin tones, if not all, andddddd.... it's only $14.00! (at VS stores or online)


-Urban Decay "Gilded Baked Bronzer". I usually never, ever wear bronzers but this one is light enough for fair girls like myself that it looks like a wonderful sun-kiss glow rather than weird brown discolorations on my cheek. I'm all for this product, especially paired with a red lip for the holidays. ($26.00 USD at sephora or UD online)


-MAC "Something Special Cremeblend Blush". I've always been a big blush fan so I already had a collection of colors/textures going before I bought this blush but after putting it on, I forgot about my other blushes. This gives that dewy, fresh girl look without the shimmer and powder look. I'm literally in love, though I have to say it won't work well for those with acne discolorations. ($19.50 USD at MAC coutners and online)


-Urban Decay "Potion Primer in Greed". Sounds like an awful name for a gift but it's quite lovely. It's simply an eyeshadow primer that makes other shadows you put on top last all day, but I personally use it as a quick all-over color wash when I'm going for a simple, quick look. ($19.00 USD at Sephora or UD online but you can find the same color in the old genie bottle for only $10.00 on the UD website while supplies last)


-Milani "Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner". In short, a soft and pigmented eye liner pencil. Very good for on-the-go ladies who like the dark look of liquid or gel eyeliners but don't want the hassle or just like the pencil applicator. ($5-7.00 USD depending on where you purchase from; find it at grocery stores and drugstores)


-Chanel "Perfection Lumiere Makeup SPF 10". Pretty high end and costly as far as foundations go, but totally worth the splurge. It gives you a silky, natural semi-matte effect but doesn't look overdone. It's hard to gift this one to others since you have to know their color but you can always get a gift card so they can purchase this. ($55.00 at SAKS, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Macy's or online at any of the previously mentioned retailers)


-YSL "Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm". Very pretty packaging with a sheer balm inside. Sounds crazy to spend so much on a balm but the effect is quite beautiful. This is ideal for women who like a natural tint to their lips without so much pigmentation or opacity. ($30.00 USD at Sephora or SAKS)

No comments:

Post a Comment