Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Basics


Call me the queen of skin care products. No really, please do. I feel like I've tried them all at this point. From drugstore to name-brand products, I have bought (and sometimes returned) things that promise clear skin, a brighter face, etc. Then last week, call me crazy now, I decided to stop it all. I was tired of putting a million products on and buying things only to find out they don't work. That and my face was getting so tender and pink from, I think, using too many products. So then I went back to the basics...and guess what?! My skin looks better and is clearer! Say what? No, I'm NOT kidding you. This makes me think whether using so many products may actually worsen skin than help it. I don't know if this will work for everyone but maybe, just maybe, if you're feeling hopeless try going back to the basics. Here is what I use now and why, incase you're wondering.

Aveeno Ultra-Calming, Fragrance Free Foaming Face Wash
Clearasil Stay Clear Face Wipe Pads (like a toner/acne treatment)
CeraVe Lotion (yes, on the face) or Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (French product)

That's basically all I've been using. At night, to take off my makeup I use Pond's Original Cold Cream and a few days out of the week, I'll use St. Ives Apricot Scrub to exfoliate. Other than that, that's it! You'd be surprised how happy I am these days because less products means an easier, faster routine.

FTC regulation information:
*I purchased these products myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with these company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment