Friday, March 11, 2011

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Review

Have you tried any Chanel foundations? Are you interested in the new Vitalumiere Aqua foundation launch this spring by Chanel? Want to know the pros and cons of this foundation? I've just spent the past week trying this foundation out and I'm breaking it down for you so you know exactly what it's like! Click the "Read More" link below to continue reading.


Name: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Price: $45.00 USD
Locations: SaksFifthAvenue.com, Saks stores, Macy's, anywhere with a Chanel counter
Cons: not a wide range of color choices for darker women, gets oily throughout the day
Pros: very lightweight, can be both lightly and heavily applied for different coverage types, does not sink into your pores
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 7
Final Say/Summary: This foundation is NOT for oily-skinned people. I repeat, DO NOT buy this if you have oily skin. (I'll explain why in a second.) That being said, I must say that this foundation goes on beautifully. You only need a little for light coverage but you can really build it to a medium coverage if you use more. The finish is satin and very-much like natural skin. Unfortunately, during the testing period I found that this foundation will not hold off oil. For someone who is really oily like me, you will end up looking like a grease-ball with this foundation in only a few hours. Don't say I didn't warn you!

However, if you have normal skin this would probably be the perfect foundation for you. It has the perfect finish; the texture is fantastic and is easy to apply. It's not really dewy or matte. Like I said earlier, looks quite natural. If you get a good color match, you should not be able to really detect it unless you're within a foot range if you apply it lightly. Also, this foundation is really good because it sits on top of your skin and not sinking in. In other words, this is great for people with large pores or acne-pit scars.

So... in general, don't buy if you're oily unless you plan on wearing this foundation for less than three hours. If you have normal skin then give this foundation a go! If you have dry skin, you should really moisturize well to use this because any dry patches will show up.

FTC regulation information:
*I bought this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment