Sunday, January 4, 2009

This Blog's Purpose and My Beauty Issues

So I wanted to try to create this blog to help others but also to help document my beauty issues. Being a girl, I know how important clear skin and pretty makeup is to many and, let's face it, many girls slave over products to try to achieve the ideal beauty. While I don't believe there is such a thing, I do think that everyone appreciates clear skin. Personally, I've struggled with all forms of acne in the past and present. I haven't been fortunate to be acne-free yet. However, I'll admit my acne is not severe in any form or shape, from other acne issues I've seen. I don't know how to describe my skin issues as it continually changes. For now, I seem to have a lot of breakouts on my cheeks, especially the in the cheek area next to the nose. My current beauty routine, if you will, is basically a Proactiv-like 3 step program called AcneFree. It can be found at Wal-Mart, drug stores, and most grocery stores. I've used this product for over 2 months now. Sometimes I think it has helped while other times I'm unsure. 
At this point, I'm thinking of switching up my beauty routine in hopes that it'll clear my acne issues. I've also read quite a few blogs on masks and products that may help but am very skeptical. For one, just because one product works for someone doesn't mean it will work for me or others. Secondly, money is an issue because quite frankly, I don't have the money to go out and test every single product I see with great reviews from people OR magazines. Thirdly, I am tired of getting disappointed. I mean how many times has it happened to you, you know-when you hear this great review and think it'll work miracles for you too, and then you go out and spend money to buy it and it doesn't work?
Anyway I'll try to post reviews of some products I already own. Please keep in mind that they will be reviews from my OWN experience and opinions so there is bound to be differing views. I would love feedback or any questions but can not promise a prompt response or any, though I'll try. Also bear in mind that I will delete negative comments as I am I officially stating now that I am not a doctor, dermatologist, make-up artist or in any form a professional about this stuff. I'm just a college student that has bought some products and wanted to share my experiences about them. If these reviews help anyone, then I have achieved my goal. Furthermore, my acne experience is uniquely mine so please don't think that whatever I post will absolutely work for you either because I'm telling you right now, it probably won't. On a positive note, I will try my best to help share my experiences and opinions to guide others on how to solve a few beauty issues. 
Hope you find this blog useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment