Thursday, May 7, 2009

Loreal Voluminous Mascara




Product Name: Loreal Voluminous Mascara

Price (Range): $5-7 depending on store

Purchase Locations: ULTA stores, Walgreens, Wal-mart, Target

Cons: flakes, smudges, too heavy, doesn’t keep curl

Pros: creates volume

Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 6

Review: As I was browsing the drug-store section of ULTA the other day, I decided to buy Loreal’s Voluminous mascara. I have heard many great things about this mascara and thought I’d give it a try. From what I understand, all the makeup bloggers seem to love it because it adds volume but doesn’t create a stiffness that tends to come with volumizing mascaras. I was so excited to try out this new mascara that I immediately put it on when I got back to my dorm room. At first, I was indeed impressed with this mascara as it did deliver loads of volume, but then it all went downhill after that. First off, I started finding tiny black streaks on my face throughout the night. This is from the mascara flakes that evidently come off throughout the day. Secondly, the second time I used this mascara, my lashes started to clump immediately. It seems like the formula is great the first time around and not so great after that as the wand gets loaded with the formula. Thirdly, I must say that I am deeply disappointed with this mascara because it weighed down my lashes and destroyed my curl. I know it sounds crazy but this mascara feels great when I touch it with my fingers but it feels so nasty on my lashes. It was just TOO thick and clumpy. Plus, it weighed down my lashes so much that no curl was visible. I didn’t get any lift from this mascara and I typically curl my lashes before applying mascara. Overall, I must say that I am truly NOT fond of this mascara at all and am already searching for another volumizing formula. I honestly do not know why so many people love this mascara and why numerous beauty bloggers rave about it as it is one of the worst mascaras I’ve ever tried. In short: DO NOT BUY IT, YOU’LL BE SORRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment