Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lumene Blueberry Curl Mascara


Product Name: Lumene Blueberry Curl Mascara

Price (Range): $10.00 USD

Purchase Locations: ULTA stores or http://www.ulta.com/, CVS, and Target

Cons: does not create volume or length

Pros: separates and defines well, gives a natural look for lashes

Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 5

Review: I was one of 10 winners in Amber's Lumene Mascara giveaway(http://www.beautybloggingjunkie.com/). I received this mascara in the mail not too long ago and, of course, tried it out imediately. The advertisement for this product really pushes the addition of blueberry, one of the ingredients in the mascara. I really don't know why they bothered because I didn't feel any difference with the additon of blueberries. The mascara, overall, is best for separating and defining lashes. The formula isn' really meant to volumize or lengthen lashes. I think this mascara is best for those who like the natural look. It does keep curls well and doesn't weigh down lashes so this mascara deserves some credit in that aspect. Also, it doesn't seem to easily clump so if you like to layer on mascara, this is a relatively clump-free kind that can handle more than 2-3 swipes. I don't think I would buy this product again, though, because I feel like the formula isn't special or anything at all. So I guess what I'm trying to say is: Lumene's Blueberry Curl Mascara doesn't make my lashes all that great so I say save your money ladies and skip this blueberry infused mascara for something better.


*This product was sent won in a giveaway contest. I did not purchase it. However, I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have not earned any commission on this product.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that were given for review must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer are excluded.*

No comments:

Post a Comment