Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mascara Woes

Mascara has and always will be "UP THERE" on my list of beauty products. It does so much for the eyes in so little time. This is why I am always on the alert for the latest and newest innovations in the mascara department. Unfortunately, even with all the technology these days, the newer mascara formulas and wands seem to be a big dissapointment. So far, in the past month, I've tried the following mascaras: Rimmel's Sexy Curves, Loreal's Voluminous (Original), Lumene's Blueberry Curl, Maybelline's Define-A-Lash, and Clinique's Lash Doubling. While I did like some aspects in all of these mascaras, I was not truly pleased with them 100%. Each mascara had it's highs and lows. The following is a summary of my opinions about each:

Rimmel's Sexy Curves: The formula is good for keeping curls, but the brush is pretty pathetic. It's plastic with little short stubs and the points are so sharp that it DOES hurt the eyes when the brush gets close to the lash line!

Loreal's Voluminous: The formula is super nice and light, almost feathery to the touch, but the brush is horrible. It is never clump-free because the bristles are too dense and the formula gets stuck in between them. Also, this mascara tends to flake off easily and leave streak marks on the face!

Lumene's Blueberry Curl: This mascara was not impressive at all. The brush is plastic and that's about all there is to say about the brush. There is nothing unique about it and its shape does nothing for the lashes. The formula is mediocre as well because it doesn't voluminize, lengthen, separate, curl, etc. at all.

Maybelline's Define-A-Lash: The name is such a hoax. The mascara clumps easily with the second or third layer and the formula is nothing new. The brush is plastic and doesn't seem to do it's job of defining well due to the formula's thickness and tendency to clump.

Clinique's Lash Doubling: The formula, the formula, the formula! It sucks so bad I wish I could say something positive about it, but I can't! It is supposed to make your lashes thick and voluminous but all it really does is weigh them down, make you lose your curl, and make your lashes look spidery! How horrible!

So. . .with all these mascaras seemingly failing on me for several reasons, I almost gave up. Then, this morning, in the back of my makeup drawer, I found Lancome's Defincil's High Definition and I was so pleased! Before I started trying out all these mascaras, I use to be exclusively a Defincil's fan and after using it this morning, I can proudly say I still am a Defincil's fan. The brush is perfect for the right amount of volume and separation. It is long, but tapers so you can get to the small lashes as well as cover a lot of lashes, depending on how you use the brush. The formula voluminizes decently and lets you keep your curl, even with a third layer! It doesn't seem to clump if you use the mascara in moderation and the formula isn't too thick or thin. I definitely will always be running back to this mascara when I feel that all is lost in the realm of mascaras. So, if you've had mascaras fail on you recently, then go out and try Lancome's Defincils. Take my word for it, it is one of the best mascaras out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment