Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Natural Summer Look

It's summer and no one should be walking around with a ton of makeup! It's just NOT pretty ladies. Guys like a natural woman sometimes. But let me be the first to say that when I say natural, I don't mean nothing on your face! Being a woman myself, I know many of us don't dare go outside without a hint of color here and there. So today I'm showing you my favorite summer look that I've been wearing a lot. It's so easy to pull off and the number of products is significantly low so you can achieve the look without breaking your bank!

Here's a picture I took of the overall look and a close up of the lips.

Products I used:
-Anastasia's Lash Lifting Mascara ($22.00 USD at Sephora and on the Anastasia website)
-MAC eyeshadow in Girlie ($14.50 USD at any MAC store)
-Almay Eyeliner in Brown Topaz ($6.99 USD at any drugstore)
-Benefit Lipstick in "Good to Go" ($18.00 USD at any Benefit counter)
-Bare Minerals Hydrating Mineral Veil ($29.00 USD and exclusively at Sephora stores only)
How to get the look:
1. Brush the hydrating mineral veil all over the face for a subtle, summer glow
2. Use your finger to apply the MAC eyeshadow all over your lids
3. Line your eyes using the Almay liner (top only, do not line the bottom lash line)
4. Apply the Anastasia mascara (try to limit it to 2 swipes max for a natural effect)
5. Apply the Benefit lipstick with your finger
*Try not to use foundation if possible because the look of foundation tends to counter the natural effect, unless applied expertly. Try to use concealer where you need it instead and then just dust on the mineral veil. The mineral veil will hide small imperfections and pink/red discolorations.
Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment