Saturday, December 5, 2009

Revlon Fantasy Lengths Fake Lashes



Are you a fake eyelashes lover? Maybe you've never tried fake lashes but want to? Well today I'm reviewing two of Revlon's fake eyelash options: self-adhesive and glue-on, both under the Fantasy Lengths line. Click "read more" link below to read the entire review.




Product Names: Revlon Fantasy Lengths Self-Adhesive Eyelashes and Glue on Eyelashes
Price (USD): $5-$8 depending on location
Purchase Locations: Ulta, Walmart, Drugstores (CVS, Walgreens)
Cons: Self-Adhesive Eyelashes can only be used twice (they only come with 2 glue strips) and are hard to maneuver to fit lash line because it adheres to skin
Pros: natural looking if you get the right type; long-lasting if you get the glue on eyelashes (they can be used up to about 2 weeks with regular care); affordable
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 6 for self-adhesive eyelashes, 8.5 for glue on eyelashes
Final Say/Summary: Since there are two products I'm reviewing, I'm splitting this summary part into two different sections.


I'll begin with the self-adhesive lashes. I personally don't wear fake lashes too often, only for special occasions like weddings, but I must say that even with my little experience with fake lashes, I'd rather not use these self-adhesive lashes. I really think Revlon had a great idea when it made these lashes with adhesive strips attached because it not only saves time, but it prevents you from creating a giant mess with eyelash glue. However, despite the great idea the overall product is sort of a failure. The self-adhesive strip itself is very strong and while normally that'd be a good thing, in many ways it's not. For one, it is so strong that when I am trying to maneuver the fake lashes around, the adhesive strip gets stuck to my eyelid and I have to peel it off. I'll admit, this gets annoying after awhile and also, it makes your eyelid hurt! Also, a negative thing about this product is that the individual lashes get all bent out of shape when you try to remove the first adhesive strip to put on the second one. The force you have to use to rip off the self-adhesive band makes it impossible not to mess up the lashes. So, that's kind of a bummer! I must say though, for people who don't have a lot of time or have sensitive eyes, I'd recommend this product over other glue on lashes because it cuts down the application time by half and it reduces the chances of eye irritation, respectively. So overall, I guess this product isn't bad but it isn't great either. I think the idea is good but the product itself needs to be tweaked a little.


The glue on lashes are awesome. They come in a variety of colors, sizes, shapes, etc. so everyone is bound to find their "perfect" fake lash look. They, like the self-adhesive lashes, are considerably cheap in comparison to MAC false lashes or other high-end brands but have some of the same selection choices. I like this product a lot. These Revlon glue on lashes reminds me of another drugstore eyelash brand that I like because they is durable and natural looking. In fact, they are so durable that I glued them on, pulled them off, reused them, etc. and they still stayed relatively the same as when I first purchased them so I must say I am impressed. Overall, not much to say except that Revlon has a great selection of glue on lashes to try out!


FTC regulation information:
*This product was sent to me FREE for review. I did not purchase it myself.
*However, I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the product first-hand.

*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.


**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment