Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Facial





If you've never gotten a facial before, I'm going to walk you through one in this beauty post. I just got a facial today. No, it isn't my first one. I get facials maybe 4-5 times a year. Facials do cost a lot, mine is a staggering $80.00 with tip already included, but I think they are worth it. The reason why I go and get facials is because my aesthetician, the person who does the facial, removes hard to get pimples and white heads without scarring my face. I try not to pick when I'm at home but I've noticed that sometimes I do and when I do, I unfortunately either bruise my face or leave a scar that takes forever to get rid of. Getting a facial really helps me avoid picking at home because the aesthetician works in a hygienic environment that minimizes infection, scaring, and bruising. To be honest, if I didn't have acne, I probably wouldn't get facials because they are so expensive. Like I said previously, I do get though, regardless of cost, because they save me painful scars and giant acne craters. Anyway, enough about me. Here's a breakdown of an acne-oriented facial. Note that not all spas will perform facials like this and that some steps may be unique to my aesthetician.

1. Cleanses face with mild cleanser.
2. Applies enzyme mask and lets dry.
3. Rubs off enzyme mask using fingers.
4. Cleanses face again.
5. Applies massaging cream on face and decollete.
6. Turns on face steamer and directs toward face.
7. Massages face, shoulders, and decollete.
8. Extracts pimples.
9. Applies astringent.
10. Applies clay mask and lets dry.
11. Removes clay mask.
12. Washes face.
13. Applies moisturizer.
14. Applies sulfur treatment to pimples that were extremely large or infected.

Facial FAQs:
-How long do facials last? They will last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Mine is about an 1 long.
-How much do facials cost? They usually cost anywhere from $50-$150. Sometimes they will cost more or less.
-Do facials hurt? Yes and no. It depends on how much acne, if any, you have and how much your aesthetician will extract.
-Will you look good after a facial? Yes and no. Immediately afterwards? No, because your face will be red and sore from the extractions. After a week? Yes, your face will be clearer and have less acne.
-Do facials really help with acne? They help to remove the acne that is already existing on your skin. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they help prevent future acne.
-How many facials are you supposed to get per year? They recommend facials every month but it's more or less the condition of your face that should determine whether you need one or not.

Any other questions be sure to leave a comment and I will respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment