Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bobbi Brown EXTRA SPF 25 Moisturizing Balm



Do you suffer from dry and itchy skin because of the harsh winter weather? Does your normal, everyday moisturizer still leave your skin parched? Perhaps it's time you looked into Bobbi Brown's EXTRA Moisturizing Balm! Click the "Read More" link below to continue this review.





Name: EXTRA SPF 25 Moisturizing Balm
Price (USD): $88.00
Purchase Locations: www.bobbibrown.com, Saks Fifth Avenue, www.sephora.com, other Bobbi Brown counters
Cons: pricey, a bit oily, no pump but rather jar form
Pros: very moisturizing, a little goes a long way, multi-tasking, no white sunscreen effect
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 9
Summary/Final Say: I love this facial moisturizer first and foremost because it is so hydrating for my skin. I never feel parched or dry with it on during the day, even in harsh weather. Secondly, this moisturizer is amazing because it saves me time. I don't have to spend an extra 3-5 minutes waiting for my moisturizer to dry down before I put on a layer of sunscreen. This moisturizer has SPF 25 built in, which is enough if you're running in and out and not basking in the sun. The only problems I can see with this moisturizer for people are: it's pricey, it's oily, and it's in a jar. For $88.00, you get 1.7 oz which is pretty good for me considering some creams are $40 and upward for only 1 oz, but I can see where people might be aghast to pay such a price. Remember though, it is multitasking so you don't really have to spend money on sunscreen if you get this. I'm also hesitant to recommend this to those with super oily skin. I have oily skin myself but I don't mind the dewy look so this cream is fine for me. However, if you hate any type of shine or you love really matte skin, this is not the cream for you. This cream is really good at hydrating though so even if you have oily skin, I would recommend using the non-SPF version of this cream at night if your skin feels dry and parched due to the winter weather. I also know many people don't like creams in jars because they feel it is unsanitary. I would normally agree but since I wash my face and hands before I apply this cream, I don't think it's too bad that it is in a jar. If you're selective about packaging though, there's nothing I can say to change your mind except I think this cream is great quality and that, for me, surpasses packaging issues any day.


FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment