Friday, April 22, 2011

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream


Bobbi Brown launched a moisturizing set of products awhile back. Part of the line included a moisturizer, called the "Hydrating Face Cream." It's a bit on the pricey side for a moisturizer so before you go out and buy it, get the 411 on the product by clicking the "Read More" link below. 


Name: Hydrating Face Cream
Price (USD): $50.00 for 1.7 oz
Purchase Locations: Bobbi Brown counters/online, Sephora stores/online, Saks Fifth Avenue stores/online
Cons: no spf, pricey, silicone-like texture
Pros: hydrating, good as a base
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 7.5
Final Say: I actually like this face cream. It's a decent moisturizer for those with normal skin. You won't get an oil-slick effect but it'll keep your skin hydrated. If you're on the really dry side, however you may want to try this out before purchasing it. My only two complaints are that it's a bit pricey for a moisturizer considering it doesn't have SPF or any anti-aging, vitamin ingredients. The packaging does list the moisturizer as having algae extracts and caffeine. To me, that isn't much. Secondly, I'm not in to the whole silicone feel. It seems like there might be some traces of dimethicone in the product because when it is applied to the face, it feels like Smashbox's Primer. Some might like this but I'm not a fan. Other than that, this is a pretty good moisturizer but I won't be repurchasing because of the price.


FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment