Friday, May 13, 2011

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

There are so many gel eyeliners on the market today. How do you know which one is good and which is so-so? Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner has been toted as a favorite by many makeup artists and beauty bloggers. I decided to give it a try after my MAC Fluidline ran out. Want to know what I think about this eyeliner and whether it's lives up to the hype? Click the "Read More" link below


Name: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
Price (USD): $21.00
Purchase Locations: Saks, Sephora, Bobbi Brown online
Cons: flakes, product is dry from the start
Pros: many colors to choose from, pigmented
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 4
Final Say: When I ran out of my MAC Fluidline, I thought I'd replace it with Bobbi Brown's toted "Award-Winning" gel eyeliner. It's probably the worst makeup switch I've made in the past six months. Not only is it more expensive than Fluidline, it completely flakes on me! I thought for a second that perhaps it was because I got an old jar until I spoke with my equally makeup-knowledgable friend who shared that she had the same issue! I have tried to apply this product many times and every time, I end up with flakes. Even when I apply it and there appears to be no flakes, after awhile I will see black dots on my face. This is very frustrating as it's toted as "Award-Winning". I hate giving such low scores but I had to! I don't recommend Bobbi Brown's gel liners at all. I've had a much better experience with MAC Fluidline. One jar of Fluidline lasted me over two years. I feel like throwing out this Bobbi Brown one already because the product looks so dry and it's been maybe two months. How sad! The only positive things I can say about Bobbi Brown's gel liners are that they a) are pigmented and b) come in many colors. Even then, I say pass on this ladies.


FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment