Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Laura Mercier Eye Liner (Cake)


A few weeks ago, I was watching a YouTube video that focused on Laura Mercier's Eye Liner, and the guru made it sound so nice that I immediately purchased. Boy, I wish I would have done a little more research before I forked over the cash for this thing. Want to know why I regret this purchase? Click the "Read More" link.


Name: Laura Mercier Eye Liner
Price (USD): $22.00
Purchase Locations: Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, Laura Mercier website
Cons: smudges and leaves black flakes, hard to fix mistakes once applied
Pros: you can create a really thick or thin line easily, you can mix the pigmentation to your desire
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 6
Final Say: When I originally saw the YT video about this product, it was toted as a cake liner that, when activated with water, is great for tight lining. I , for one, LOVE to tight line my eyes. Tight line means to line between the lash lines for those of you who are unfamiliar with this term. I typically use a pencil to tight line, but you really have to wiggle the pencil just right to tight line and that makes it a pain. So, when I heard about this product I was absolutely stoked! Unfortunately, I can not recommend this product for tight lining. I will say that it is a fine eyeliner, but if you use it to tight line expect smudges as the day goes on. It smudged horribly on me after testing it out for a few days, and I absolutely can not stand smudging unless it's intentional. More about this eyeliner: it's in a dry, cake form. You have to mix it with water to "activate" it and turn it into a liquid liner. It dries pretty quickly after application. There are perks and drawbacks to using this as an eyeliner because of the whole mixing concept. You have to practice to know how much water you're going to need, otherwise you won't get a consistent level of darkness. In any case, I think if given a choice, I'd stick with pencil or gel liner. This Laura Mercier Eye Liner isn't worth the money people.


FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment