Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Test Driving Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet Matte Lipstick

This is the first post in a new series of posts I'm starting called "Test Drives." These are not full length product reviews because I do not own the items. However, because I've tested the product in one way or another, I want to share my experience with you. These are going to generally be shorter, limited first-impression reviews.


I was perusing the Chanel makeup counter today in my free time and decided to test drive the new Rouge Allure Velvet Matte lipstick. Matte lipstick has been the latest trend for some time. I personally love the look of a matte red on luminous skin for the holiday. That being said, I was very curious to see how Chanel's formula performs because matte lipsticks are infamous for being drying. I eventually decided on the color 34-La Raffinee. On me, it was a plum-pink. It went on beautiful and I was really drawn to the lipstick but after test driving it for only a few hours, I've learned that it's pretty drying. After awhile, I feel like I need to put lipbalm on and if I did, then that would totally defeat the purpose of the matte finish...

Anyway, you can test these lipsticks for yourself at your nearest Chanel counter. I think it would work for very special occasions or a short outing. Other than that, I'd say skip this launch because if you wear it everyday... I think your lips will be very angry at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment