Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hello Milani Liquif'eye Liners


For as long as I can remember, I've loved MAC's Powerpoint Liners. In fact, I have the liner in three different colors (duck, engraved, and industry), but with the holiday season coming up, not to mention MAC's steep prices, I decided to check out a drugstore alternative. I've read numerous reviews and looked at many swatches of Milani's Liquif'eye liners and decided to finally give it a go and....

I can't even begin to tell you how completely satisfied I am with this product, not to mention the low price! Click the Read More link for my in-depth review.

Name: Milani Liquif'eye Liner
Price (USD): $5.00-7.00
Purchase Locations: drugstores, ULTA, supermarkets
Cons: sharpening issues, limited color selection
Pros: long wearing, very creamy, no tug, super pigmented, cheap
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 10
Final Say: Oh boy, I am so glad I discovered this product before I forked over another $15.00 for just one MAC Powerpoint liner. This pencil is so creamy and pigmented. When I swatched it on my hand, I was blown away! It didn't drag or anything but rather came out like creamy, pigmented paint. It takes a few seconds to set but once it does, you can be sure it won't smudge. I've read a lot of complaints from people that this liner doesn't last long on the waterline but the company does not make any claims or suggest this product for use on the liner so I don't think it's fair to take points off the product rating on that basis. Also, there are issues sharpening this pencil because the texture is so creamy; you might have breakage of the tip every time you try to sharpen. To counter this issue, you can always put your liner in the fridge for awhile and sharpen it as soon as you take it out. That way, you won't have sharpening issues. Overall, I'm really happy with this liner and for the price, it's a total steal. Its quality, in my opinion, is a lot better than MAC's Powerpoint Liner and also Urban Decay's 24/7 Eye Pencils. I guess the only complaint I have is that there is a very limited selection but Milani is definitely expanding because I saw online they now have blue, purple, etc. as well. By the way, I purchased three different colors and they all performed well so you can be sure that color selection won't make a difference in quality of the product.

FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment