Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Vision in Velvet Review




Was this holiday edition of eyeshadows from bareMinerals worth the $79.00 price tag? Click the "Read more" link to find out!



Name: bareMinerals-A Vision in Velvet
Price (USD): $79.00
Purchase Locations: Sephora
Cons: messy, the satin shades all look alike when applied
Pros: matte shades show up well, can take separate shades on the go
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 5
Final Say: I was originally really excited to get this set. Unfortunately, after two days of testing the product I returned it. It honestly wasn't worth the money. If you're really into good matte shades you might be able to justify this purchase, but be prepared to not really use the satin shades at all. I'm pretty light (NW20 in MAC) but the satin shades showed up as the same color on my eyelids when applied, though they are remarkably different in the jars. Also, this set does not have the twist-turn caps so once you peel back the sticker, there is nothing to prevent the shadow from going everywhere. This is particularly bad if you forget to close the lid or close it loosely... you'll end up with eyeshadow everywhere! The shadows themselves lasted 4-5 hours on me with primer, but I have pretty oily lids so it should last 6-8 hours on non-oily eyelid gals. In general, this was a pretty nice concept but the quality was mediocre so skip it!

Apologies for the lack of swatches, you wouldn't have been able to tell the satin shades apart from swatches on my arm anyway. However, you can find swatches of this set at http://softly.nothingspaces.com/2012/10/30/bareminerals-a-vision-in-velvet/. I'm going to warn you though that these swatches are for color purposes, and you'd have to really (and I mean REALLY) pack it on your eyelids to see colors like those in these swatches.

FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment