Thursday, November 5, 2009

Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Palette





So the holiday season is right around the corner and if you're looking for gift ideas for that special make-up loving friend of yours (...or maybe just a gift for yourself?!) then I've got the answer for you! Check out this awesome 88 eyeshadow palette that I recently received as a gift from my awesome boyfriend (big thanks JE!). Anyway, I've had a chance to play with many of the colors in this palette and here's my review of the product. (Please click the "Read More" link to continue reading the rest of this entry!)




Product Name: Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Palette
Price (USD): $19.95 + tax
Purchase Locations: www.coastalscents.com, www.ebay.com, or www.amazon.com
Cons: can only be purchased through online vendors or the Coastal website itself; extremely shimmery
Pros: GREAT value, nice packaging, travel-friendly, tons of colors
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 9
Final Say/Summary: This palette is the perfect gift for a friend or for anyone who loves eyeshadow colors but doesn't want to spend a ton of money. It's really cheap and has 88 colors, which quite frankly is impressive. The sizing for each eyeshadow color is about a dime and that sounds really small, but rarely do people ever use up all of their eyeshadow colors so a dime size is actually a good amount! Finish-wise, I love this palette but must say that the colors are really shimmery so if you like the colors but aren't in to that glittery effect, I would recommend buying the normal 88 color palette. It's practically the same as the shimmer palette I'm reviewing, but is not shimmery. The colors on this palette are very pigmented and of high quality. I haven't really come across any chalking or sheer colors of the colors I've experimented with. I really think this palette is great. If you want to learn more about makeup and experiment, this is the perfect palette because it offers a ton of colors but also because a lot of youtube makeup gurus tend to use this palette so you can recreate a million looks without buying other eyeshadow colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment