Friday, July 23, 2010

Two Beautiful Drug Store Finds


While strolling around the supermarket recently, I found two great beauty finds! Usually, I don't buy drugstore or supermarket makeup, unless particular items or products are recommended in magazines I read. Not that I don't love drugstore products, it's just hard to buy because you typically can't return or exchange with ease. Also, there are no testers so you don't really know if the color label matches the color of the product. In any case, I know there are many products that go undiscovered in the supermarket aisle and that's why I want to tell you about two great products I bought there!

To read more about these two products and to see actual swatches on both my hand and lip, click the "Read More"link.


The first is Revlon's lipstick in Soft Rose (040). It is a beautiful shade that was featured in Allure's June issue with Megan Fox. I absolutely love the color and the formula is absolutely wonderful! The lipstick is quite opaque and completely smooth. Definitely a must get if you're looking for a pretty, everyday lipstick that is affordable.

The second is L'oreal's HIP Jelly Balm in Delectable. This lip balm has a glossy formula and a very beautiful red tint. It looks overwhelming in the container but comes out a beautiful, sheer red tint on your lips. You won't get a ton of color with this, but it's a lip balm so you're not supposed to get full coverage anyway! It does moisturize my lips well and has super-star shine. If you're an on-the-go kind of girl, this may be a convenient product to keep in your purse as it will keep your lips smooth and give you a slight, lip tint.

(left: Revlon Soft Rose 040 & right: L'oreal Delectable)

(normal lips, no products; for comparison purposes)

(L'oreal Delectable on my lips)


(Revlon Soft Rose 040 on my lips)

FTC regulation information:
*I purchased these products myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with these companies.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment