Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Josie Maran Protect SPF 40+


Does this all natural sunscreen by Josie Maran live up to the hype surrounding all natural products or is this a complete gimmick? Click the "Read More" link to read my complete review on this sunscreen!

Name: Josie Maran Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused SPF 40+
Price (USD): $32.00 (2 oz bottle)
Purchase Locations: www.sephora.com and Sephora retailers
Cons: strong scent, takes awhile to sink in, not sweat or humid proof
Pros: no greasy effect, no white-ghost effect, UVA & UVB protection, does not clog pores
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 8
Overall Say/Summary: I love this sunblock by Josie Maran because it is chemical free, which I feel really helps me avoid acne caused by most sunblocks. Lots of sunblocks have ingredients that can exacerbate acne or cause clogged pores, but I don't get that with this sunblock and that makes it great for those with acne-prone or sensitive skin. I also like this product because, while it's SPF 40, it does not go on thick or cast a whitening effect on my face. Most sunblocks that are SPF 35 and up will cause the dreaded chalky, white face look but that is not the case with this sunscreen. I must say though that the sunblock isn't as fast absorbing as I'd like. If you buy this product, I would recommend applying and waiting at least 5 minutes before applying makeup. If you're in a rush, give it a few minutes and then pat your face down gently with a tissue to make the sunblock absorb better. Also, for my fellow readers who have oily skin I would recommend getting a sample of this before purchasing. It doesn't make you look completely greasy but it's not a matte formula sunscreen either. I do have to powder my t-zone after applying this. Overall, I would recommend this as a very good sunscreen because it's SPF 40, isn't drying, doesn't cause clogged pores, protects against both UVA & UVB rays, and is light weight. I definitely think the pros outweigh the minor cons of this product, but before I leave you I  must note that those sensitive to scents should definitely not purchase this. I don't know why Josie Maran's company toted the product as good for those sensitive to fragrances as this product definitely has a citrus-y floral smell to it that is quite strong. It doesn't completely go away after awhile either, so beware! Other than that, this product is good for year round protection against the sun and one of the best sunscreens I've purchased!

FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the product first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment