Monday, September 20, 2010

Urban Decay Primer Potion


Does your eyeshadow ever crease on you? Do you find that the beautiful eye-look you created gets destroyed in a matter of hours because you have oily eyelids? Boy have I got a product for you ladies (or gents!)! Click the "Read More" link to read my Urban Decay Primer Potion review and reasons why you should buy it STAT!

Name: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Price (USD): $18.00 for (0.34 oz) or $29.00 for (0.85 oz) 
Purchase Locations: Sephora, Ulta, www.sephora.com, www.ulta.com
Cons: packaging is a bit weird and unnecessarily bulky, kind of pricey for the amount of product you get
Pros: absolutely crease-less, a little goes a long way, ... JUST FANTASTIC!
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 10
Overall Say/Summary: I experience the absolute worse when it comes to eyeshadow creasing. This is partly because of my eye shape; my crease fold is very deep and makes it easier for shadows to migrate. My other problem is my eyelids are very oily and therefore eyeshadows are more susceptible to migration on my eyes. I really have tried everything from a homemade mixture of MAC's glycerin based eye primer to using MAC'S paint pot. MAC's paint pot works on me, but only for a limited amount of time. I usually experience creasing after about 4 hours with the paint point. That's great and all but I want something that lasts all day and that's exactly what I get with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It's formula is smooth and buttery, thanks to the silicone in it. Basically, it feels like a face primer, but for your eyelids. If you blend it right and don't over apply, the formula is really invisible. It goes on white-ish but blends into your skin like a charm if you take a few seconds to pat it in and let it dry. It really helped my eyeshadow stay on all day. I even put it through humid weather, a workout, and even the shower and it still had my eyeshadow going! I have to note though, I use two layers of this stuff per eye. You're typically supposed to only use one layer but I found that with one layer, I still get a teeny tiny amount of creasing so I double up. The only downfall of this product is that with two layers, blending the second layer of primer is going to cause primer product build up and therefore you should be careful. I would start off with one layer and then work my way to two if only necessary!

FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the product first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment