Friday, October 15, 2010

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow


Is Bobbi Brown's long-wear cream shadow worth $22.00? Click the "Read More" link to find out.


Name: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow
Price (USD): $22.00
Purchase Locations: Saks Fifth Avenue, www.saks.com, Sephora, www.sephora.com
Cons: a bit pricey, not easy to apply evenly, can't really apply with brush
Pros: long wearing
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 7.5
Overall Say/Summary: When I first bought Bobbi Brown's long wear cream shadow, I was doubtful of the formula. Many brands that claim their cream shadows are long lasting falsely advertise because with my oily eyelids, five minutes after application it's usually a creamy MESS. Bobbi Brown's cream shadow formula is surprisingly the opposite. The shadow is really long lasting indeed! Kudos to Bobbi Brown for not claiming this product to do something it doesn't. The cream isn't really a cream, though. It's more like a cream to powder finish because as soon as you apply it on your eyelids, it's already in powder form. I think that's why this cream is so long lasting; technically it's not really a cream! Overall, I am fond of this cream shadow as I find it to be exactly what Bobbi Brown says it is. I must say, however, if you purchase this product you should realize that for an even application, you have to use your fingers. The cream naturally clumps together so if you use a brush, it's really hard to get an even application; you'll have one area with a lot more shadow than others. If you're like me, you don't like to use your fingers because of contamination and bacteria, so I had to take off a few points for that, but otherwise this is a great product!

FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the product first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment