Friday, August 19, 2011

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil


Does the sound of an OIL-anything scare you oily beauties? It certainly scares me! I don't exactly try to avoid products that contain oil, but I definitely don't jump for joy when I hear the word oil in skincare/makeup items. But Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil is different. Argan oil has been pretty popular lately. It's touted as an oil that can be used for both your face and hair. Furthermore, it'll moisturize but not clog pores. Josie Maran even says it heals the skin. So does argan oil really do anything when it's in the form of a cleanser? Click the "Read More" link to find out.



Name: Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
Price (USD): $32.00/6 oz.
Purchase Locations: sephora.com or sephora retailers; josiemarancosmetics.com
Cons: too pricey; won't completely remove makeup on the first run
Pros: leaves skin hydrated and not tight; fresh fruity smell; all natural
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 8
Final Say: I actually really like this cleanser. It slightly heats up when you add water, making it seem like you're giving your face a cleansing massage. I also like it because it is true to its claim that it doesn't leave skin tight or dry. Basically, I'm assuming the hyrdated feeling/non-tightening effect is from the addition of the argan oil. However, I'm going to go out on a limb to say that that's the only thing the argan oil really does in the form of a cleaner. Think about it... if it does have healing properties, which I believe it does, slathering it on only to wash it off won't do much for you. So, in other words, to really benefit from argan oil beyond just having hydrated skin after you wash your face, you should look to purchase argain oil in the form of a moisturizer, not cleanser. In other good news... I didn't see any new breakouts from using this product for over two weeks now, so I don't think it'll cause acne in you oily beauties. That's where the raving ends, because one of the downfalls of this product is that it's way too costly. I mean, doing the math you're paying $5.33/1 oz. and if you compare that to drugstore cleansers which are usually anywhere from $3.00-$10.00 for an entire bottle, 3 or 4 oz., the Josie Maran cleansing oil sounds like a rip off. Also, don't expect all of your makeup to be gone on the first wash. You'll have to wash, rinse, and repeat to effectively cleanse your skin if you wear a lot of foundation or products. Other than that, this cleanser is pretty good. I think I'll actually keep using it but I do wish that Josie Maran would reconsider her pricing...


FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this product and really liked it! However I recently went on the hunt for a backup since it was about to run out, and decided to try the Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil and I actually really prefer it to the Josie Maran one, and it's cheaper ! Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know! I'll definitely have to try the Bosia one then because I can't afford to keep on buying this cleanser. I love it but I use so much since it doesn't lather that I'm flying through the bottle!

    ReplyDelete