Friday, September 9, 2011

Olay Definity Color Recapture


Have you been in the market for a drugstore tinted moisturizer? A few weeks ago, I found myself at a local drugstore face to face with an intriguing product: Olay Definity Color Recapture. I remembered a friend of mine told me she uses this and trust me, that girl's skin looked like it was airbrushed. So, hoping to create a flawless base, I bought the product. Was it a total fail or did it win me over? Click the "Read More" link for a full product review.


Name: Olay Definity Color Recapture 
Price (USD): $24.00-27.00 depending on purchase location
Purchase Locations: drugstores, ULTA, grocery stores
Cons: only 3 color choices, does not spread well
Pros: combines moisturizer, spf, and coloring into one product=reduces morning routine time, coverage is decent (similar to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer)
Rating (1=worst, 10=best): 4
Final Say: I was so excited when I bought this product but that feeling quickly disappeared. First off, the light/medium was pretty yellow and darker than I expected. Secondly, I could not spread this product evenly for the life of me! It would end up thicker on my nose and nowhere to be seen on my cheeks. I tried this product 2 more times and had the same issue with the spreading. I still didn't want to give up on it so I exchanged the original purchase for the fair/light color. Well... much to my dismay, the coloring was too light and I still had the same spreading issue. On the positive side, I will give this product credit for having more pigment/coloring than I expected. It reminded me of Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer a lot as far as coverage goes, which means between non-existent and medium. Despite it's pigmentation, I still had to use concealer for blemishes so you'll have to have almost perfect skin to pull this product off sans-concealer. So in short, unless you've got miracle hands and can make this product spread evenly on your face and are a perfect match to one of the three color choices available, skip it and try another tinted moisturizer!


FTC regulation information:
*I purchased this product myself.
*I stand by my review whole-heartedly and have used, as well as tested, the products first-hand.
*I have no affiliations with this company.
*I am not being paid or earning any commission.

**According to FTC guidelines, products that are given or donated for review by a company or brand must be stated as such. Products that were purchased by the beauty blogger/reviewer will be stated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment